SIMPLE STEPS & REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A PHYSICAL THERAPIST
In this article we will be considering simple steps & requirements to become a physical therapist.
Psychotherapists, are licensed mental health professionals who specialize in helping clients develop better cognitive and emotional skills, reduce symptoms of mental illness, and cope with various life challenges to improve their lives.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PSYCHOLOGIST AND A THERAPIST?
Psychologists with either degree can practice therapy but are required to complete several years of supervised practice before becoming licensed. A therapist is a broader umbrella term for professionals who are trained and often licensed to provide a variety of treatments and rehabilitation for people.
Physical therapists are movement experts who improve quality of life through prescribed exercise, hands-on care, and patient education. Physical therapists examine each person and then develops a treatment plan to improve their ability to move, reduce or manage pain, restore function, and prevent disability.
FUNCTIONS OF A PHYSICAL THERAPIST:
- Evaluating and treating disorders of the human body primarily by physical means. Whether the condition results from injury, disease or other causes, they focus primarily on those individuals who have disturbed function or impairment related to the musculoskeletal, neurological, cardiopulmonary, and integument skin systems.
- Diagnose patients’ dysfunctional movements by watching them stand or walk and by listening to their concerns, among other methods
- Set up a plan for their patients, outlining the patient’s goals and the planned treatments
- Use exercises, stretching maneuvers, hands-on therapy, and equipment to ease patients’ pain and to help them increase their ability to move
- Evaluate a patient’s progress, modifying a treatment plan and trying new treatments as needed
- Educate patients and their families about what to expect during recovery from injury and illness and how best to cope with what happens
PHYSICAL THERAPY DEGREE REQUIREMENTS:
- Earn your doctoral degree from a physical therapy program
- Earn a Bachelor’s Degree
- Gain Hands-on Physical Therapy Experience
- Complete a Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
- Fulfill Physical Therapy License Requirements
- Attend a Physical Therapy Residency or Fellowship