HOW TO GET INTO KETOSIS IN 24 HOURS
WHAT IS KETOSIS? Before we get into the topic of the day “HOW TO GET INTO KETOSIS IN 24 HOURS”, let’s understand what Ketosis is.
Ketosis is a process that happens when your body doesn’t have enough carbohydrates to burn for energy. Instead, it burns fat and makes things called ketones, which it can use for fuel.
• Ketosis is a natural state of the metabolic process. A person who has reached ketosis, their body will be burning stored fat instead of glucose
• As the body breaks fat down, acids called ketones begin to build up in the blood. These ketones then leave the body in the urine.
The presence of ketones in the blood and urine indicates that a person has entered ketosis
ADVANTAGES OF KETOSIS
• Ketosis can help a person lose unwanted fat, as the body starts to break down their fat stores instead of relying on carbohydrates for energy.
• Ketosis can help suppress a person’s appetite, which can also promote weight loss.
DISADVANTAGES OF KETOSIS
• Ketosis could cause low blood pressure
• kidney stones
• Nutrient deficiencies
• Increased risk of heart disease.
• Ketosis could also cause Social isolation or disordered eating due to its strict diet.
• Ketosis is not safe for those with any conditions involving their pancreas, liver, thyroid or gallbladder.
HOW TO GET INTO KETOSIS IN 24 HOURS
You cannot simply jump into ketosis in a 24-hour time span.
Your body has been burning sugar for fuel your entire life. It will need time to adapt to burning ketones for fuel.
So how long does it take to get into ketosis? This transition could take anywhere from 48 hours to one week. The length in time will vary depending upon your activity level, lifestyle, body type, and carbohydrate intake.
EASY WAYS ON HOW TO GET INTO KETOSIS IN 24 HOURS:
• Regular Work outs/Exercises:
A person can get into ketosis by increased work outs or exercise
The more energy that a person uses during the day, the more food they need to eat for fuel.
Exercise helps a person deplete the glycogen stores in their body. In most cases, the glycogen stores become replenished when a person eats carbs. If a person is on a low-carb diet, they will not be replenishing their glycogen stores.
• Reducing the rate you take in carbohydrate foods:
Ketosis occurs when a lack of carbohydrate forces the body to use fat as its primary energy source instead of sugar.
However, this is not a set number. Some people may be able to eat more carbohydrate and still get into a state of ketosis, while others will need to eat less.
Read Also: How to make a sawmill in terraria
• Going without food for short periods/Fasting
Fasting, or going without food, can help a person achieve a state of ketosis. Many people can actually go into ketosis between meals.
In some cases, a doctor may recommend going without food for a period of between 24 and 48 hours. A person should speak to their doctor before deciding to fast for longer than a few hours at a time.
Fat Fasting is an alternative form of fasting. Fat fasting involves significantly reducing calorie intake and eating a diet consisting almost entirely of fat for no more than 2 or 3 days.
• Increased healthy fats intake
As carbohydrate intake decreases, most people replace the loss of carbohydrates with an increase in healthful fats. Some fats that a person can eat include:
• Coconut oil
• Olive oil
• Avocados and avocado oil
• Flaxseed oil
• Taking in more proteins
- A low protein intake is necessary for a person to reach ketosis.
- Minimize Your Carb Consumption
Eating a very low-carb diet is by far the most important factor in achieving ketosis.
When carb intake is very low, glycogen stores are reduced and levels of the hormone insulin decline. This allows fatty acids to be released from fat stores in your body.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE IN KETOSIS?
When a person is in nutritional ketosis, they will have blood ketone levels of 0.5–3 millimoles per liter. Alternatively, people can use a breath analyzer to test for ketones in their breath, or they may use indicator strips to check their urinary levels. Ketone testing kits are available to purchase online.